Phone #: (361) 293-6321
M - F:  8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (closed on City observed holidays)


To Make An Appointment
Please Contact
Claudette Foutz or Abel Rosales
(361) 293-6321

Zoning Map
Zoning Change Application

A Change in Zoning, Variances, Specific Use Permits, or Planned Unit Development (PUD) must be approved by the
Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council or the Zoning Board of Adjustments.
An application for a request may be picked up at City Hall or downloaded above.  Any questions or concerns should be
directed to our Code Enforcement Office by calling (361) 293-6321 or emailing at or

The Zoning Regulations and Districts as established have been made in accordance with a Comprehensive Plan for the purpose of promoting the health, safety, morals and the general welfare of the City of Yoakum.  They have been designed to lessen the congestion in the streets; to secure safety from fire, panic and other dangers; to provide adequate light and air; to prevent overcrowding of land; to avoid undue concentration of population; to facilitate the adequate provision of transportation, water, sewerage, schools, parks and other public requirements.  They have been made with reasonable consideration, among other things, for the character of the district and its peculiar suitability for particular uses, and with a view of conserving the value of buildings and encouraging the most appropriate use of the land through out the City of Yoakum.
Reasons You May Need To Complete A
Zoning Application

For the placement of a manufactured home in certain areas.
If you wish to change a residential home into a place of business or a place of business into a
If you are planning to build a carport or other building on your property and it does not meet
certain setback requirements.
For the operation of a religious institution.